2022-2023 PTO Board
Nereida Polanco Rosario - President
Erika Romanowski - Vice President
Maria Mangano - Secretary
Lisa Turner - Treasurer
Melissa Ott - Phillips Staff Member
Our Mission is to promote and support the welfare of Pittsburgh Phillips K-5, the
students of Phillips, and the community through the participation and cooperation of Phillips parents, teachers, administrators, staff, students, and the community.
Phone (412) 254-4315
Mail 1901 Sarah St. Pittsburgh PA 15203
What does the PTO do?
The PTO (Parent-Teacher Organization) enriches your child’s school experience by:
● Sponsoring field trips
● Supporting school events and classes with the help of Parent Volunteers
● Sponsoring Teacher Appreciation Week
● Sponsoring class and school events such as the Back to School event and Winter Workshop
● Sponsoring incentives such as the Falcon Cart
● Designing and selling the school's yearbook
We do this by fundraising, recruiting and organizing volunteers, and with LOTS of help from our community!
Ways you can help the PTO
Parent efforts are VITAL to keeping the PTO going. You can:
● Sign up to be on our email list to know about PTO meetings, school news, and events
● Sign up to be on the volunteer email list to help with events and fundraising efforts
● Sign up to be a Homeroom Parent
● Participate in fundraisers (These are critical for continuing to have field trips and events!)
● Join Amazon Smile for Phillips (search for Pittsburgh Phillips K-5 Parent Teacher Organization)
● Scan Box Tops using the Box Tops App
● Join the PTO Board!
● Follow us on Facebook (@PittsburghPhillipsPTO) or our website (https://www.pittsburghphillips.com/pto)