About the PTO
2021 - 2022 PTO Board
Maria Mangano - Communications Chair
Nereida Polanco Rosario - Operations Chair
Nadia Schweizer - Finance Chair
Lisa Turner - Events Chair
We are currently seeking volunteers.
The following responsibilities need fulfullment! If this is something you'd like to do, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Yearbook: coordinate any additional staff photos taken, format the yearbook, proofread, encourage parents to pre-order
- Fundraising Chair: organize and collaborate with other board members to schedule fundraising, distribute information to school regarding fundraising, recruit and organize volunteers for fundraising.
- Homeroom parent: help spread information to parents from the PTO and teachers; encourage participation in PTO and school events
- Permitting/administrative management: apply for nonprofit status yearly, apply for permits for events, help with administrative tasks such as updating bylaws and records
What does the PTO do?
The PTO (Parent-Teacher Organization) enriches your child’s school experience by:
● Sponsoring field trips, class and school events, and incentives
● Supporting school events and classes with the help of Parent Volunteers
● Sponsoring Teacher Appreciation Week
● Sponsoring kindergarten parent welcome
● Sponsoring field day
Ways you can help the PTO
Parent efforts are VITAL to keeping the PTO going. You can:
● Sign up to be on our email list to know about PTO meetings, school news, and events
● Sign up to be on the volunteer email list to help with events and fundraising efforts
● Sign up to be a Homeroom Parent
● Participate in fundraisers (These are critical for continuing to have field trips and events!)
● Join Amazon Smile for Phillips (search for Pittsburgh Phillips K-5 Parent Teacher Organization)
● Scan Box Tops using the Box Tops App
● Join the PTO Board!
● Follow us on Facebook (@PittsburghPhillipsPTO) or our website (https://www.pittsburghphillips.com/pto)